Instructions: Iron on patches
- Peel off backing paper if attached & position on garment
- Cover with baking paper or pressing cloth
- Use hot iron on cotton setting
- Press the patch into place for a minute or two until good adhesion
- Do not rub iron over unprotected patch
- Do not burn
- Wash/ rinse in cold water, do not hot tumble dry
- To attach permanently sew around the edge of patch
- Rayon viscose thread on fabric & wash away stabilizer
- Stabilizer in the applique may stiffen it, but it will soften with washing & handling
- To soften, soak the applique in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes. Squeeze gently & rinse in cold water & dry flat on a towel.
- If backed with hot fix, iron on using baking paper to protect embroidery.
- Sew in place permanently.
Instructions: Free standing lace
- Rayon viscose thread on wash away stabilizer
- Stabilizer in the lace may stiffen it, but it will soften with washing & handling
- To soften, soak the lace in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze gently & rinse in cold water & dry flat on a towel.
- Repeat process if needed but lace will soften with handling & wear.
Care instructions: Clothing & embroideries
- Hand wash clothing in cold water, spin & drip dry, out of direct sun
- Cotton based fabrics can warm ironed with a cloth.
- Polyester velvet dresses can be gentle machine washed in cold water, spin & drip dry.
- Use a laundry bag to protect garments & embroideries that have been permanently sewn on, when machine washing.