Instructions: Iron on patches
- Peel off backing paper if attached & position on garment
- Cover with baking paper or pressing cloth
- Use hot iron on cotton setting
- Press the patch into place for a minute or two until good adhesion
- Do not rub iron over unprotected patch
- Do not burn
- Wash/ rinse in cold water, do not hot tumble dry
- To attach permanently sew around the edge of patch
- Rayon viscose thread on fabric & wash away stabilizer
- Stabilizer in the applique may stiffen it, but it will soften with washing &...
Embroidered applique wings can have fine florist, jewellery or sculpture wire sewn underneath to give structure & support.
Insert the end of the wire into the end claw, this can be secured with a little epoxy glue, use a pin to insert it into the claw & let it set.
Secure a stitch next to where the wire comes out & whip stitch wire to back of wing claw.
Whip stitch, picking up small even stitches, continue following claw lines.
Use long nose pliers to bend the wire to...
Welcome to my studio
I make free standing lace flowers, leaves & more
Bees, butterflies & flower appliques embroidered on polyester organza,
cotton voile, silk organza, & other remnant & up-cycled fabrics.
I make 2D & 3D embroidered couture elements available to dressmakers
& creative folk who want something beautiful & unique.